I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!

I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!
May all of these creative whimsies of mine delight the cupcake connoisseurs and let the fashion couturists come together in this fanciful blog I have created for you! Ditzie Cakes loves to make pretty things! Come and share with me! -Andie

Saturday, October 6, 2012

BOUGATSA! {A GREEK DESSERT!}


There is something nice about having the luxury of trying out a new recipe from another culture! A friend of mine who shares the same passion for both dolly's and food decided that we ought to exchange our favorite recipes now and then to try out. I was excited to see what she wanted to try out first as the Bougatsa was her selection! It is truly a wonderful and refreshing little dessert as the light and flakiness of the phyllo gently wraps a spoonful of lemon zested custard in the center of these bundles. I loved how one Australian chef interpreted the desserts untraditionally with the bundles so I just had to prepare them his way.....with the exception of course that I didn't use so much Semolina and rather sprinkled powdered sugar and more lemon zest instead of the simple syrup. 
Equally good in my opinion and will make this again and again!
{photography by: andie from ditzie cakes}